You should not be


for speaking up

Has your Employment become a Nightmare simply because you chose to speak up and be heard?

We help people who have been penalised at work for having made a complaint of wrongdoing to take a legal case and right that wrong.
Where an employee who has made a protected disclosure suffers a detriment at work for doing so, this is deemed to be unfair and actionable in law. The WRC or the Labour Court on appeal may award compensation of up to five years’ salary in compensation. The law also allows an employee to be reinstated or re-engaged where the employee has been dismissed.

Don’t let injustice happen to you.

“Thank you so much to Employment Matters, it was such a relief to be able to rely on you to deal with the insurance company and negotiate on my behalf, I never realised I could achieve anything like the settlement you got me, if it wasn’t for you I’d have taken the first thing that was offered.”

Catherine, 38, Dublin

Ready to take a stand?

whistleblowers are protected by the law!

The law provides protection for workers in the public, private and non-profit sectors who disclose information they’ve become aware of through their work that may constitute relevant wrongdoing. 

You cannot be penalised or threatened with penalisation for being a whistle-blower. An employer can’t cause or permit any other person to penalise or threaten penalisation against an employee for having made a protected disclosure either.

A worker can make a distinct claim for any such act of penalisation and the WRC may also make an order for compensation of up to five years’ remuneration.

What might this look like?

Feel supported from end to end as we navigate the complex legal process involved in getting you compensation.

How does it work?

Do you have a claim?

We start by establishing whether or not you have a claim.

Get planning

Then, if you do and you want to pursue it, we’ll help guide you through the complex process of making that claim.

Don't delay!

That said, you only have a limited time to lodge your complaint to the WRC or Labour Court, so act fast.

still not sure?

If you still have questions, click here to read our extensive FAQs.